Assessment Only Route to Qualified Teacher Status
What is the Assessment Only Route?
Suffolk and Norfolk School Centred Initial Teacher Training was one of only 19 providers in the country to pilot the new Assessment Only Route in 2011-12 and after a successful year, was invited to continue providing its AO Programme. The route is designed for those already teaching in schools who would be eligible to gain Qualified Teacher Status without undertaking a full initial teacher training programme so if candidates are successful through selection, they move straight into the assessment process. The assessment period must be successfully completed within three months.
Who is this route designed for?
The AO Route is suitable for you if you:
- have whole class responsibility for lesson planning, teaching and learning for a minimum of two years full-time or the equivalent
- are already a highly competent classroom teacher (consistently being observed and graded at least ‘Good’ based on the Ofsted criteria for teaching)
- will be employed in a teaching role for the duration of the assessment period at a school where you can meet the full requirements of the Teachers’ Standards
- are in a school which will fully supports you through the application and assessment process
- meet the application/entry qualification requirements
What qualifications are needed?
Please see the “entry requirements” tab above.
Please download the:
Information Evening - University of Suffolk 02 Jul 2019