Assessment Only Route to Qualified Teacher Status
What is the Assessment Only Route?
Suffolk and Norfolk SCITT has been providing a highly successful AO route to QTS since 2011. The route is designed for those already teaching in schools who would be eligible to gain Qualified Teacher Status without undertaking a full initial teacher training programme. Candidates who are successful through our selection process, can move straight into the assessment process and obtain QTS after a period of three months. Our AO route assessors will provide you and your mentor with guidance and support throughout the assessment process. The External Examiner has described our AO route as ‘very well organised’ and providing ‘a brilliant level of support’. If you are currently working as an unqualified teacher, then successful completion of our AO route will open the door to a higher salary and enhanced career prospects.
Who is this route designed for?
The AO Route is suitable for you if you:
- have whole class responsibility for lesson planning, teaching and learning for a minimum of two years full-time or the equivalent.
- are already a highly competent classroom teacher (consistently being observed and graded at least ‘Good’ based on the Ofsted criteria for teaching).
- will be employed in a teaching role for the duration of the assessment period at a school where you can meet the full requirements of the Teachers’ Standards.
- are in a school which will fully supports you through the application and assessment process.
- meet the application/entry qualification requirements.
What qualifications are needed?
Please see the “entry requirements” tab above.
Please download the:
Numeracy Skills Test Training - Ipswich 21 Nov 2017
Information Evening - Bury St Edmunds 22 Nov 2017
Information Evening - Thorpe St Andrew School 27 Nov 2017
Numeracy Skills Test Training - Norwich 28 Nov 2017
Literacy Skills Test Training - Norwich 06 Dec 2017